Applicants must submit two applications by the application deadline: December 15, 2020 (11:59pm EST): The Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service, PTCAS and the GW DPT supplemental applications.
All application materials (application, transcripts to date, GRE reported scores, recommendation letters and essay) must be received by PTCAS by the December 15, 2020 deadline. Official GRE scores must be reported via University GRE code 5246.
PTCAS does not track receipt of official GRE scores on behalf of GW, so you will need to track your score receipt under your GW Online Supplemental Application. Once you submit your Supplemental GW online application, please wait 4-5 business days for the system to reconcile your application record with the electronic GRE score report you submitted via ETS to GW institutional code 5246.
Please find below IMPORTANT instructions for completing the two required applications:
* As a first step, complete the Standard online PTCAS application. IMPORTANT: You must create your PTCAS application first, as the Supplemental GW online application requires that you enter your unique PTCAS ID number (this is noted as the CAS ID under your Supplemental GW online application)
* As a second step, complete the Supplemental GW online application, found at: https://gw.force.com. You will need to create a new account to proceed with the Supplemental GW online application.
* Admissions review typically begins in September and completed applications are reviewed as they are received using a modified rolling admissions format (admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis through the spring).
* Keep in mind that during peak application season, it may take several weeks before we receive your submitted application from PTCAS. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to have their applications submitted with ALL supporting documents as far in advance of the December 15, 2020 deadline date as possible.
* Fall 2020 Grades: Any outstanding fall 2020 grades must be submitted to PTCAS for updates by January 2021
* Interviews: Interviews will be held in a virtual format during the 2020-2021 PTCAS admissions cycle. Interviews are required for admission and are scheduled on a rolling basis throughout the fall and early spring. Applicants selected for an interview will receive an email invitation. There will be many opportunities to learn about our program and for us to learn about you as well.
* Information Sessions: Information sessions will be held virtually this year. To view information session dates and times and to register, please visit the following website: https://smhs.gwu.edu/pths/programs/physical-therapy/prospective. Please note spaces are limited, so sign up early.
* In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the George Washington University's Doctor of Physical Therapy (GW PT) program has revised some of its admissions criteria for the 2020-21 PTCAS admissions cycle. to reflect the current and unprecedented challenges our applicants are facing.
Please use the following page to stay up-to-date on how the pandemic affects application requirements for the 2020-21 PTCAS admissions cycle: