MCPHS University was formerly known as the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
This page is intended for students with at least a Bachelor's Degree, and internal candidates ONLY. High school students MUST contact the institution directly for information about the Premedical and Health Studies pathway for physical therapy.
Choose a DPT Program of Excellence!
The DPT program at MCPHS University is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, 30 miles west of Boston, in a region, rich in cultural, recreational, and healthcare opportunities.
Why MCPHS University?
* Early Integrated Clinical Experiences Observation and application of clinical skills including hands-on patient care within the first few weeks of classes that parallel curricular content. These occur in a variety of traditional and nontraditional settings promoting the development of clinical skills, professional identity, and readiness for future clinical practice.
* Pro bono Balance, Movement and Wellness Center Students work with community participants and put relevant skills to practice in a clinical learning environment that promotes professionalism, clinical competency, and service for our Doctor of Physical Therapy students.
* Qualified and Dedicated Faculty with specialty certifications in neurology, pediatrics, geriatrics, cardiopulmonary, orthopedics, ergonomics, manual therapy and strength and conditioning. Faculty are committed to student success.
* Personalized Education With an average class size of 40 students, students receive individualized attention from faculty in both classes and labs throughout the DPT program, as well as individual advising sessions each semester.
* Interprofessional Education Exceptional interprofessional education experiences are woven throughout the curriculum to learn from and with students from many of the other health professions at MCPHS, including Nursing, Physician Assistant, Optometry, Dental Hygiene, Pharmacy, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Acupuncture and more.
* Space Experiential learning occurs in dedicated labs well-equipped with contemporary and clinically relevant equipment and supplies.
* 100% ultimate pass rate (2014-2018)
* 6 month employment rate: 100% (2014-2018)
* 97.7% graduation rate (2017-2018)
* Sense of Community Multiple community-based clinical and service opportunities provide immersion within the Central Mass and MCPHS communities.
* Scholarship Our faculty are dedicated to contributing to the scholarly advancement of the physical therapy profession. Faculty have numerous publications, and presentations at regional, national, and international conferences. All students participate in some form of scholarly work through their capstone.
* Student Support The University offers a full range of outstanding student support services specific to the graduate and professional students on the Worcester campus.
To learn more about our program, please go to our web page: https://www.mcphs.edu/academics/school-of-physical-therapy
Deposits are due by January 15th, 2022 (for students offered admission on Dec. 15th, 2021 or earlier), or 30 days from time of acceptance.